:
M/Tu Ap 19 -
MASSAD AND THE MESS
At Columbia University -
I note that this Middle East Studies mess is still slowly reverberating around the
Blogging World.
Will we ever get to the bottom of this "he said" vs. "she said" thing and establish the facts? Probably not.
I came away from all this with some suspicions, though, and some speculations... but you must first adjust your ever-ready tinfoil hat and fasten your seatbelt! Ready?
I suspect that this whole mess was originally instigated by a college student at a rival university in a misguided effort to promote his alma mater at the expense of Columbia U by making Columbia look bad in comparison. When you know approximately how someone would react to a particular stimulus, you can manipulatively push his buttons and, it seems to me, set off an entire crazy machine of chain reactions stemming from your original poke.
Just something to think about.
Here's one of the latest reverbs:
:: DAILY SCORECARD perma ::
...
