Monday, June 12

:
Mo Jun 12 -

THE CHARMED CIRCLE:
Is Technorati Just Hype? -

For some time now, Technorati has not been compiling the entries I post. And, since they've expanded their reach to the Washington Post et al, my entries are not listed or being given credit at the WaPo either. I take the time to manually ping them whenever I post an entry, especially when it's from the mainstream press, but I seem to be wasting my valuable time doing that.

The nifty thing about Technorati is that it is impossible to verify. Thus, we cannot ascertain whether they are harvesting 10%, 25% or 50% of the relevant entries about a topic or article hyperlink in the query box.

At the time this entry is being posted, my previous piece about the Howard Kurtz article, Ann Coulter, and the 9/11 World Trade Center widows is still absent from the query results for Ann Coulter and from those for the Kurtz hyperlink at Technorati.

But I just did a search for my entry with the query "Ann Coulter" here at the Google Blog Search, which appears on the front page of Blogger, and I see that my entry is included in the results listed here.
...