Tuesday, September 26

:
Tu Sept 26 -

CENSORED AGAIN -

Actually, this is not a one-off; it has come to be the norm. Yesterday's entry which links to Howie Kurtz's "Finger-Wagging" column does not appear on the Washington Post's LIST of Technorati Links to that article-- as usual!

Today, while examining one of my site meters, I couldn't help but notice that a very high-powered DC law firm dropped in to read my blog. But, of course, they didn't come via Technorati; they used a different venue to find me. Technorati routinely excludes me. When they say that blogs don't have gatekeepers, that's not the entire truth on a practical level. If someone controls the distribution and locks you out, it is comparable to censorship.

Think I've said nasty things about Howie Kurtz? Nooo! I like Howie Kurtz.

Why am I telling you this? It illustrates that you can't depend on only one source for your information. That one source could be very selective and/or skewed. If you don't look any further for alternate sources of information, you may never know that your source is giving you material which is distorted if only by omission.


Just something to think about.
...