Tuesday, November 21

:
Tu Nov 21 -

THE DAILY SNARL -

While I don't care much for "happytalk" first thing in the morning, I don't like people snarling at me either. This morning was a real doozy with not one, but two snarling stories.

The first one that hit me was about Michael Richards ("Kramer"). I don't like the N-word and have never used it; I don't think it belongs in polite society usage at all. I couldn't decipher very much of Richards' rant; what I could discern sounded distasteful. But I kept waiting for the story to resolve, and it didn't, which irked me.

It is rude to heckle a performer. If you don't like the act, you can leave and even try to ask for a refund. Not only did two guys heckle Richards, they then went on to say some very hateful things to him. These two guys ruined a hundred people's evening with their disruptive misbehavior and have never apologized. The only guy who came out of all this lookin' classy was the owner of the club: Jamie Masada, who offered a refund to anyone who wanted one.
-----------------------
"Michael Richards: Not a Jew-- not that there's anything wrong with that." Is this really necessary? {8-o

The thought also crossed my mind that perhaps Richards' act was a piece of some sort of strange performance art like Andy Kaufman used to do. Why? Because the Seinfeld show sometimes dealt with social taboos.
========================
As if that "Kramer" story weren't enough for me, lurking just around the corner on MyWay was the story that really put the start of my day this morning way outta wack: The 6 Imans on an Airplane Story. Oh, Boy!

I see the story has been somewhat updated this evening. When I first started reading it this morning, I was somewhat sympathetic about a possible unfortunate misunderstanding, but when I got to the middle of the story, some Muslim activist said he was angry!

If you want to pray on an airplane, good manners suggest you alert the stewardess first. But if they were in the airport terminal, why didn't they go to the chapel to pray? Most airports have a place which is designated for prayer. I'm still not clear about the events in question.

Be that as it may, what really ticked me off about the original story was the rant that they were behaving "normally," implying that 260 million Americans are abnormal freaks. I don't go for their imperialistic attitude. If they don't like the way most Americans do things here, I think they should leave or be deported. They seemed to think we have to conform to their requirements and exhibited a very distorted sense of entitlement. I expect people to show good manners. They seemed to think the whole world should revolve around them. Whoever brought these crackpots into the U.S. to begin with, should be fired or voted out of office.

So, how many imans does it
take to ground an airline flight?
Maybe 6 ;-)
...