Thursday, January 17

:
BAD FAIRIES ON THE NET -

Doesn't Play Well With Others -

# According to ICANN, the Russian government wants to establish a Cyrillic Net, but Russian internet users fear being boxed in to a separate ghetto on the worldwide web, rendering them more vulnerable to government control, spying, and restrictions. [Viv Groskop]

# The Miami Herald's Bad Fairy
was out and about again last night, harassing visitors to register and refusing them entry if they declined to
follow orders . . .

The last time their Bad Fairy came out, Management claimed it was due to a software breakdown, but I did not believe them then and I don't believe it now.

I will not register under any circumstances; nor will I give them my email address or any other personal information about myself.

I just dropped by The Herald again a few minutes ago.

Their Bad Fairy is still harassing visitors.

...