Monday, April 27

The News: TOO MUCH ERIC -

Big Brother, Baghdad Bob, and Eric . . .

Eric Schmidt has plans for a new version of Google News, Sharon Waxman reports. It sounds like a nightmarish horror movie:

"users will be automatically served the kind of news that interests them just by calling up Google’s page. The latest algorithms apply ever more sophisticated filtering - based on search words, user choices, purchases, a whole host of cues - to determine what the reader is looking for without knowing they’re looking for it."

That's not what I want. No thanks! I don't want anyone picking out my news for me. I can only hope it's going to be voluntary. I think Eric needs to get a Reality Check. Who appointed him Pope?

Oh, and did I mention Eric's love for pistachio nuts? They will be inserted into every new version of Google News pages. Nuts to you, Eric!

:: Sharon Waxman ::

...