Sunday, December 29

Versions of Christmas -

Famous Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli dropped into a Miami Beach church to attend a mass on Christmas Day and made it a memorable occasion by singing for the congregation. As far as I'm concerned, this should have been the top story of the day.

Kudos to the Louis Vuitton company for a sumptuous TV commercial featuring David Bowie, which I caught just before Christmas. When I mentioned it to a friend, she looked it up on YouTube and then played it for me on her smartphone. There may be more than one version of it available.

Also outstanding: PBS aired a tribute to the late composer Marvin Hamlisch last night called What He Did For Love, which was quite a treat. It's still hard to believe he's gone.

Hope you had a lovely holiday. I've been trying to recuperate since my recent illness. It was a relatively downbeat holiday around these parts.

...