Monday, April 20

Costly Foot Paths -

In a grim coincidence, I came down with a bout of pneumonia around the same time the COVID-19 germ emerged and, as a result, I had to go into the hospital for treatment. My test results were due to be returned in three days, but didn't come back for five days.

Just giving you a heads-up;
not trying to alarm you:

I had a weird experience just before I left for the hospital when I tried to order pizza over the phone and got a loopy digital assistant "helping" me. Or maybe this is Domino's idea of a joke. What shall we call him - Dom?

Well, Dom is no Alexa! Dom is not even ready for prime time. He reminds me of an ineptly programmed call director gadget we used to nickname "phone jail" which sent you around in circles, never reaching your intended destination. Similarly, I never got to order the pizza.

Almost makes one nostalgic for Ananova . . .

# In the past, I have written here about a new kind of commodities stock exchange market established by the younger generation - trading or investing in and reselling sneakers (trainers) limited editions and collectors' designs by celebrity athletes, etc.

Recently, a Miami area teenager, Andrea Camps Lacayo, was murdered over three pairs of Adidas Yeezy sneakers with the asking price of $935. The meeting was set to take place outside an abandoned house. And tragedy ensued.

...