Friday, February 29

:
THEY SAID WHAAAT? -
Press Clips - (3#) -

# "Nearly 70 percent of Americans believe traditional journalism is out of touch, and nearly half are turning to the Internet to get their news, according to a new survey."

# "I just don't understand how a newspaper being the only daily newspaper on an island with more than 3 million people can have a circulation of less than 400,000 readers."

# "But the Report is often a refreshing change from the US mainstream media - all too often pompous, stuffy and self-important, and whose tail Drudge delights in tweaking."

# What about "Harry Wales" in Afghanistan?

I don't think that was a News story, since he is not the direct heir to the crown. Arguably, it's a Feature story. I do believe that the discretion of the British Press was warranted, if only to conserve the safety of the other men serving in
Harry Wales' outfit.

I don't agree with or approve of Matt Drudge publicizing the story, which, I feel, was a gratuitous intrusion on Harry Wales' privacy. I feel quite strongly that Harry Wales is entitled to some degree of privacy, just like anyone else.

...