Sunday, August 6

:
Sun Aug 6 -

QANA:
The Saga Continues -

Reuters has just thrown a photographer off the back of their sled to keep the wolves at bay. They have admitted that a photograph was digitally manipulated.

But they are being quite obstinate in their refusal to admit that some Lebanon coverage (such as Qana) is being mediated or shaped by the Hezbollah organization:

*Reuters and other news organisations reviewed those images and have all rejected allegations that the photographs were staged.*

===================
The first anomaly I thought I noticed since the outbreak of hostilities between Hezbollah and Israel was the absence of citations for stock footage on my TV screen when I watched airplanes flying by. I thought I was watching stock footage, but no super appeared on the TV screen identifying it as such. It's a slippery slope from there to no citations, no attributions, and no disclosures that: the footage you are about to watch has passed through Hezbollah military censors.

I believe it is the responsibility of the management of the TV station to direct the presenter or news anchor who is working inside the TV studio to announce that advisory.

We need to require TV stations and the rest of the Mainstream Media to resume normal standards and practices.
...